Church Words and Phrases Game

Laura S. Shortridge, “Church Words and Phrases Game,” Friend, July 1991, 26
Directions: A neutral scorekeeper reads the definitions alternately to two equal teams. If the team receiving the definition gives the correct answer, it receives 2 points; if it does not give the correct answer, the other team may get 1 point for the correct answer before receiving the next definition.
1. I am the most sacred place on earth, and I hope that you come to me when you get married. What am I?
2. I am the word of God, written by holy men in ancient times as well as in this dispensation. What am I?
3. I am a sacred ordinance that must be performed by a man with the proper authority when you become a member of the Church. What am I?
4. I teach the gospel, especially to nonmembers, and although not every member is one full-time, President David O. McKay said that every member should be one. What am I?
5. I was written when Joseph Smith was asked what Church members believed. I have thirteen parts; you should memorize me before you graduate from Primary. What am I?
6. As President of the Church, I speak for God to the entire world. What am I?
7. I and my two counselors preside over the ward. You come to me for interviews and tithing settlement. What am I?
8. I am one of twelve special witnesses of Jesus Christ. You can hear me speak at general conferences. What am I?
9. I am an inner knowledge that Jesus is the Christ and that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true. What am I?
10. I am the weekly meeting when family members study the gospel, serve, and have fun together. What am I?
11. I am the event that took place when Joseph Smith first prayed in the Sacred Grove. What am I
12. I am the words/thoughts you use when you talk to Heavenly Father. What am I?

Answers: 1. temple, 2. scriptures, 3. baptism, 4. missionary, 5. Articles of Faith, 6. Prophet, 7. bishop, 8. Apostle, 9. testimony, 10. Family Home Evening, 11. First Vision, 12. Prayer